Awkward Accidents


There is a reason I do not call for people when they are across the street from me; to save myself from humiliation when I realize I am calling out the name of a person who is not even there, and who I was just make-believing I was seeing. You instantly become that idiot who is screaming random names out loud that no one is answering to. You sound something like this:


Here are other reasons I never call for people across the street:

*I had this friend in high school who wore her hair in a ponytail everyday, she also wore a red Jansport knapsack.  One day she was wearing a brown shirt, and as I was walking to my last class of the day I saw her—brown hair in a ponytail, red backpack wrapped around her shoulders, and that brown-colored shirt. So I called her name, no response, I called her name again, the same nothing as a reply. So finally I said, “Yo, Bitch,” and took my fist to her backpack and slammed it down. The girl that turned around was not my friend, and she was also terrified. I apologized profusely and felt like the biggest asshole. I have never let myself live that one down!

*We had escalators in our high school on account of there being so many floors and too many students. I was riding the escalator with a friend, we got off on the fifth floor and walked through the swinging doors. There were so many people coming off the moveable staircase that I went to grab my friend’s hand. I walked left and the hand I was holding walked right. That was when I realized that it was not my friend’s hand I was tugging to go left; it was not her hand I was holding, but the hand of some other broad entirely.

*I was at a Bat Mitzvah with my friends who are not my friends any longer. We were a group of girls with one guy. The guy’s mother was also at the Bat Mitzvah and started waving to the group of us, or so I thought. So I waved back. Well the girls were hysterically laughing, “Who are you waving to?” And I said, "Never mind," because I knew I would be ridiculed regardless of why I was waving. And the thing was they were already making fun of me because I had pockets in my dress. Funny how that has become a fashion trend—look who is laughing now!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Have to Draw the Line Somewhere

Brain Boggle

The Big Book Theory

Dear David Hasselhoff

Beyond the Road