The Big Book Theory










It all started with someone’s status on Facebook being, “Nook or Kindle?” and me writing back, “Book.”
The status writer cleverly or stupidly spat, “I think you spelt Nook wrong.  And anyway I am just looking to read, no fancy stuff.”
So I remarked, “Like I said, Book!”



Later I told my dad the story inserting, “I need to turn pages!” as my reasoning for a book being the victor of a very pointless competition.   
“And if he wants to read to just read, why get a nook at all?” I continued.  “He can’t say he read a book then, he just looked at a screen.  That's worse than scanning a book.” 
I told my dad, “It’s like when you were reading audio books; you didn’t read them, you had them read to you.  You listened to a book, but you certainly did not read one.”
My dad said, “Screw you,” probably, and asked, “Then what would you say about a blind person reading a book?”
“Oh, that’s easy," I said.  “They felt a book up!”
Dad said, “You can even say they fingered a book!”

And look, Helen Keller can simultaneously finger a book while smelling a rose.  Books always win!  



The end. 


Comments

  1. I love to fondle books! It's way better than fingering a keyboard or eye-raping a monitor. I'm with you on this one. LONG LIVE THE PAGES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my sweet baby Jesus, fresh pages smell better than sex!

      Delete
    2. And decrepit decaying ones too for that matter

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You Have to Draw the Line Somewhere

Brain Boggle

Dear David Hasselhoff

Beyond the Road