Someday My Blonde Will Come


When I was little I thought that relationships meant that blondes had to be with blondes, brunettes with brunettes, redheads with redheads, and you get the paint-by-numbers picture. Not that I ever saw couples that abided by my rule, but it was the fantasy of my mind. A fantasy that goes beyond Disney romance (and one step away from racially subjectifying relationships).  But it was an innocent fantasy nonetheless, formed in a little girl's head, and it made for a lunacy kind of theory.  
        Just imagine a world where you could only mate with someone who is in the same hair-color (story) family as you.  (Dystopian dating; it is all the rage!)
          
 Still, some solid couples have come from the same concept, and seem to be making it work:

                             REDHEADS 
 
 
  
                                 BRUNETTES
 
 
 

               BLONDIES


 (I guess the theory does concern Disney)
And I think this theory of little Lizie's is the reason why I have always liked all the blonde boys in class; but it does not explain why I always end up with the brunettes.  Although, the brunette thing may have something to do with people insisting that I now am the proud owner of brown hair. But I still see golden strands in my head! Trust me, I will be the first one to admit when those eventually change as well.  
So until then, I will wait for Hey Arnold!  And at least I will match for that moment.


                               *   *   *
  BONUS ROUND:
I had once liked a kid who kind of resembled me, so I joked asininely that if we had children they would look like this: 



The Village of the Damned
Damned to be Aryan children.

                              *   *   *

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Have to Draw the Line Somewhere

Brain Boggle

The Big Book Theory

Dear David Hasselhoff

Beyond the Road