Bag of Dreams



            I bought my first handbag in a mall because I am a girl and that is what I am supposed to do, right?  But purses have always been a foreign concept to me.  In the past I have been ridiculed by friends for not bringing a bag to the movies and asking my sister to hold my things in her bag instead. 
All that room for what! I never got that.  I bring my wallet, my keys, and my cellphone, and that is all I ever need.  Yea, the occasional lipstick and water bottle takes up some room, but still I always have plenty of space left.  Pockets full of air.  So I started shoving anything I could fit or find into my bags, to have a purpose for carrying the purse in the first place.
My Mary Poppins purse.

Currently in my bag: 5million chap sticks, an extremely long plastic spoon, a few paperclips, a hair bow, stickers, postcards, colored pens and a Budweiser one, a pink Betsey Johnson earring holder with no earrings in them, a candy cane, a donkey lollipop, a card with an old doctor’s appointment scrawled on it, a few Snapple caps, my father’s pharmaceutical company’s hand sanitizer, my migraine medication, an inhaler, and a Smoking Loon wine cork.
Okay, okay, maybe this is me:

But so what if I am getting ready to show on Let’s Make a Deal for the Quickie Deals at the end? 
Wayne Brady or Jonathan Mangnum would say, “Do you have any dental floss? I will give you five hundred dollars if you have dental floss.”  
And this would be me: 
"I know I have it somewhere."


BONUS:
Did you know that Felix the Cat is one of the first icons with a bag of tricks?
See, that is his bag at the bottom!
All full of tricks. 

But I am sure he never had this problem:

But he might have encountered this:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Have to Draw the Line Somewhere

Brain Boggle

The Big Book Theory

Dear David Hasselhoff

Beyond the Road